The Alabama Veterinary Technician Association welcomes and encourages new membership. We are committed to helping our members become leaders in our field by hosting continuing education programs for fellow technicians and support staff, pet emergency responder training, veterinary technology student instruction, aspects of animal shelter personnel training, community service, and more. Our members sit on the board of the ASVBME and act as liaisons to the ALVMA to ensure that our voice is being heard.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician Membership: Any person licensed as a Veterinary Technician by the Alabama Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners is eligible to become a full member of the association.
- Associate Membership: Any persons including veterinary support staff, veterinarians, and veterinary industry salespersons wishing to support and promote the association are eligible for associate membership.
- Student Membership: Membership is free to veterinary technology students, veterinary students and veterinary assistant students with proof of active enrollment in an accredited veterinary technology/veterinary nursing program, veterinary program or NAVTA approved veterinary assistant program.
AVTA Membership Benefits Include:
Discounts on continuing education and NAVTA annual membership, scholarship opportunities, access to job postings , local, state, and national representation on issues that matter to you, and networking opportunities with LVTs, support staff and students that share your passion.
Becoming a member connects you with a wide range of veterinary professionals that support you!
We're sorry for the frustration! Currently, our online payment portal is unavailable due to website updates. To submit your membership application or renewal, please send the following information and a check* to:
Alabama Veterinary Technician Association
PO Box 355
Auburn, AL 36830
You can also email us at email@example.com with the following information and request a direct invoice for online payment.
*Please make checks payable to 'Alabama Veterinary Technician Association"
- What kind of membership are you requesting?
Licensed Veterinary Technician membership; Associate membership; Student membership (free with proof of active enrollment in an accredited veterinary/veterinary technology program)
- First Name Last Name
City State / Province
Postal / Zip Code
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
- State and License # if applicable
- Membership Dues
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Annual) $ 25.00
Associate (Annual) $ 20.00 (Veterinary Assistant, DVM, Veterinary support staff, or other Veterinary professionals)